Saturday, February 12, 2011

Upcoming Release! The Queen's Rival by Diane Haeger

I am so excited to bring you news of one of Diane Haeger's soon to be released novels The Queen's Rival. I absolutely loved Haeger's book The Perfect Royal Mistress and her latest release, The Queen's Mistake, is waiting patiently on my TBR bookshelf.

The Queen's Rival is due to be released March 1st of 2011. It's her 12th novel and her third book in the Court of Henry VIII Series. I have been anxiously waiting for this book to be released and it's finally almost here!

Synopsis from author's website:
The book is based on the true, not often told story of Bess Blount, mother of Henry VIII’s only acknowledged natural son. Her inspirational story is one of a naïve young woman’s coming of age amid the powerful English court and all its players, as mistress to the king--- and companion to his queen. Through the years, Bess triumphs and survives, finding not only herself through the challenges, heartbreaks and hurdles, as well as the balancing act she must live every day to survive, but she finds the two great enduring romances of her life there, as well….

4 comments:

  1. This book looks amazing. I have never found a book that tells Bess' story. And one might imagine that her life was interesting. She was mistress to Henry before life jaded him, and I am sure that she found him to be a different man that his later wives found him.
    I can't wait for this book! Tell us your story Bess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am excited about this release! After reading The Queen's Mistake last year, I am really looking forward to this one. Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Allison
    I know I really want to know Bess' story too! I've never read a book about her, which is why I'm so excited to read it!

    @Svea I wish I had already read The Queen's Mistake but I don't think I can squeeze it in before my review of The Queen's Rival. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read most of Diane Haeger's books, and I had actually forgot to check out if she had any new ones coming since I read her last book about a year ago. I'm so glad that you posted this, this book will definitely be on my To be read list!!!

    ReplyDelete